June 16th Day 2. I do this ride in honor of my wife Chris and for the 5.2 million Suffers of Alzheimer’s in the US (35 Million Worldwide) and the caregivers who daily live The Longest day”. Hear is a photo I took today. When I was considering this event and how to do it, Chris was formats in my mind. She passed away at the age of 54 from early onset alzheimer’s disease. I cared for her for many years. It was heart wrenching and devastating, yet I can only say that I am grateful. I had a wonderful life with the woman I loved dearly, and she me. We faced this disease together, with Faith, Hope and Courage and made the most of the moments we had together!!As I packed my bike, I decided to carry her Helmet and photo. She is my ghost rider, and I can feel her against my back as I ride this ride! Some moments I smile, some I tear up. all part of the journey.
I rolled out of my hotel around 7:30 as I was posting up my RR and links. Beautiful sunny day as I rode east and then slightly south through Idaho. Beautiful farm land and buttes.
Riding briskly and enjoying the fresh air and open roads.
Some areas of Blowing dust and wind …says the sign.
I am rolling along and came up upon a slow truck, I moved left and passed him quickly as not to stay next to him. Come up on a black car, as I move up on him quickly I see it is a state trooper, I back off slightly but go past him…… He lights up and I pull right over…
He tells me I was speeding. I am smiling and tell him I am enjoying Idaho! 🙂 That I was passing the truck to get out of the way…. And I am on my way to Washington DC for Alzheimer’s. Hand him my drivers license. He knows my registration is buried under my gear. Says it’s ok, he will just check my license. and that he is NOT giving me a ticket! Yeah Radioman !! Another good day!!
We have a good chat about motorcycles He has an 1100RR told him I could not have one of those as I would get too many tickets :LOL3
I ask him if it is OK if I take a couple tickets to put in my Ride report
Then on the road again. Into Utah
Past Ogden and then head east toward the mountains. Love this!
Color of the rocks change as I get close to the Wyoming border
Hello Wyoming. State number 4 including oregon.
Wyoming on Hwy 80 is high plains and some mountains. Mostly at 6,000-8,000 feet , but sun is out and it feels great!
Riding to create awareness… Purple is the Alzheimer’s color, so my helmet is painted, I am wearing a vest….
Straight across Wyoming!
And end my day in Nebraska!! 700+ miles today! Moving toward DC!
If you want to support the Alzheimer’s Effort… Any amount helps. I am getting closer to my goal!!
- Recap of my ride around the world. 2011-2013 August 23, 2016
- June 25th Last day of the “longest day” fundraising ride June 29, 2016
- Riding westward Arkansas to NM June 23, 2016
- June 21st. “Radioman goes to Washington” to continue to fight for Alzheimer’s June 22, 2016
- June 20th The Longest Day. Riding for Alzheimer’s !! Reaching Goals!! June 21, 2016
- June 19th Day 5 riding for Alzheimer’s June 20, 2016
- June 18th Day 4 Riding for Alzheimers June 20, 2016
- Day 3 June 17th Riding for Alzheimer’s June 19, 2016
- June 16th Day 2 Schrader to Schrader Motorcycle ride across America for Alzheimer’s June 18, 2016
- JUNE 15th DAY 1 of “the Longest day” Motorcycle ride across America for Alzheimer’s – Schrader to Schrader June 16, 2016
- The Longest Day…. Schrader to Schrader Cross country motorcycle ride for Alzheimer’s Association June 13, 2016
- The Longest day motorcycle ride for Alzheimer’s Association May 12, 2016
- RADIOMAN RODE THE WORLD! June 2011 to Dec 2013 April 11, 2014
- Advocating for Alzheimer’s Disease April 10, 2014
- 1st US presentation has happened. January 19, 2014
April 2017 M T W T F S S « Aug 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
- August 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
Go to Horizons Unlimited, the website that's all about motorcycle travel. Travellers Community, Bike Travel information on the Bulletin Board, free Monthly Motorcycle Travel E-zine, Travellers' Stories, and plenty of tips and info!