June 18th Day 4 Rode into Chicago to stay with ADVrider and his family.
Saturday Morning was up early to ride into the city of Chicago to stay with Michael and his family. This is really the most amazing and best part of ADVrider community. 4 years ago, I met Michael while we were both down in Columbia riding motorcycles. So many "internet strangers" that I can now call friends! As Michael was traveling south through Central America….. He messaged me a couple times because at more than one border crossing, other travelers would ask him if he was "radioman" . We got to hang out in Medellin, with others riders!! He contacted me very early on offering a place to stay. So glad it has worked out.
Light traffic, perfect cool temps as I head toward Chicago.
From blasting along the interstate highways, into Chicago the scenery changes.
Always great to roll into a garage with a fellow Advrider… Bikes and traveler stories to share.
Michael was ready with a cup of coffee, and a couple of parts that I needed for my bike that he was able to pick up at the local dealer for me!!
Before we leave the garage, I needed to have him take a photo of me as I am wearing all new Motoskiveez motorcycle underwear. I have been bugging shawn for years for a riding underwear with 3/4 length legs. I have his first preproduction pair to try out!! I love them!! Not sure when they will be available but I will be ordering a pair right away!! Good stuff (of course I have his Compression socks and riding shirt as well!!).
After settling in for a day off riding …. We took a short ride downtown Chicago so that I take a photo in front of the Alzheimer's Association National office on Michigan avenue.
Past the Sears tower
Had some busy Saturday traffic, but was fun riding in the city. It was perfect 80 degree weather, lots of people out and about. I love riding through cities !
Stopped for a quick photo!!
Rolled up to the Alzheimer's Building, the best photo OP was in the plaza of the building…. So I rode my bike over for a quick photo.
Immediately the guy in the Blue walks over to ask what's END ALZ? It turns out he is Mark Strehl who is a weather man at Fox news in Chicago!
Then the security guy comes out to tell me that I needed to move my moto .
But we continued to get a few more photo!
Then back to Michaels house to interact with His lovely wife and mother in law and kids!! We walked to lunch nearby with his son and had a great time!!
On the way back, this poster was in his neighborhood! Had a laugh
It is so great to stay with families, and experience their lives. Michaels daughter had a Dance program and of course I went. It was quite the show!
And the big finale with all the kids and instructors!!
We then went out to dinner, sat outside in the wonderful weather!! Really appreciated all the time I got to spend with Michael and his family! Have to repeat how amazing the ADV community is, and how much it has made my life better!!
The tragedy of the day was michaels daughters battery on her cel phone dying at dinner
We had a great evening… maybe stayed up a bit late, as it happens when your having great evening. Thanks for everything !!
- Recap of my ride around the world. 2011-2013 August 23, 2016
- June 25th Last day of the “longest day” fundraising ride June 29, 2016
- Riding westward Arkansas to NM June 23, 2016
- June 21st. “Radioman goes to Washington” to continue to fight for Alzheimer’s June 22, 2016
- June 20th The Longest Day. Riding for Alzheimer’s !! Reaching Goals!! June 21, 2016
- June 19th Day 5 riding for Alzheimer’s June 20, 2016
- June 18th Day 4 Riding for Alzheimers June 20, 2016
- Day 3 June 17th Riding for Alzheimer’s June 19, 2016
- June 16th Day 2 Schrader to Schrader Motorcycle ride across America for Alzheimer’s June 18, 2016
- JUNE 15th DAY 1 of “the Longest day” Motorcycle ride across America for Alzheimer’s – Schrader to Schrader June 16, 2016
- The Longest Day…. Schrader to Schrader Cross country motorcycle ride for Alzheimer’s Association June 13, 2016
- The Longest day motorcycle ride for Alzheimer’s Association May 12, 2016
- RADIOMAN RODE THE WORLD! June 2011 to Dec 2013 April 11, 2014
- Advocating for Alzheimer’s Disease April 10, 2014
- 1st US presentation has happened. January 19, 2014
February 2019 M T W T F S S « Aug 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
- August 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
Go to Horizons Unlimited, the website that's all about motorcycle travel. Travellers Community, Bike Travel information on the Bulletin Board, free Monthly Motorcycle Travel E-zine, Travellers' Stories, and plenty of tips and info!