The Last day of the ride. With limited time, and needing to be back in Portland on Monday for business…. Decided to roll out the miles and make it home. Alway feels like "the horse to the barn" moments as you just want to get "home".
Stayed at hotel last night that I was able to use points to stay for free . Was up at 5 am… on the road by 6a.
Heading west… some dark clouds that I am glad to see, as it keeps the ride cooler!
The great smells of the road, scenery as it changes as I ride, and the feel of the wind against me. Just some of the reason I love to ride!
Into Arizona across hwy 40.
Riding west of Flagstaff the Pine trees and open road make me smile and be glad I am able to make this ride!! it's at over 6,000 feet.
As I drop down in elevation, it heats up. Take a look at the round temp gauge
Across to Barstow. Glad I had my water jug… stayed hydrated and feeling good!
Then into LA traffic…. Traffic building, then 4 lanes solid
Left my car at ADV friends house while I was gone. Needed to swing by and pick them up. They left them for me with a nice note 🙂
Backed the bike into my garage in Long beach!! almost 6,000 miles in the past 10 days! Awareness for Alzheimer's Raised across the country!!
Thanks so much to all that have followed along, Posted , and Donated!! Had a very successful trip!! Still have committed donations coming in… should top $12K.
- Recap of my ride around the world. 2011-2013 August 23, 2016
- June 25th Last day of the “longest day” fundraising ride June 29, 2016
- Riding westward Arkansas to NM June 23, 2016
- June 21st. “Radioman goes to Washington” to continue to fight for Alzheimer’s June 22, 2016
- June 20th The Longest Day. Riding for Alzheimer’s !! Reaching Goals!! June 21, 2016
- June 19th Day 5 riding for Alzheimer’s June 20, 2016
- June 18th Day 4 Riding for Alzheimers June 20, 2016
- Day 3 June 17th Riding for Alzheimer’s June 19, 2016