Day 3 June 17th. Started my day off early from Sidney, NE (home of Cabela's world headquarters).
As I stop for Gas, this is what my bike looks like.
First stop is the First Pony Express office in the country in Gothenburg, NE. Opened 1860. Seems fitting as I ride across the country on an "iron" horse.
Looks like I am just about halfway to Washington DC !
At just about every stop, someone tells me about there loss from Alzheimer's or related Dementia's.
Half way to Washington DC yahoo!
Crossing into Iowa. The sign was on the bridge and I did not get my camera out in time …. Stopped at the first interesting thing.
Rolling along the plains. The altitude has dropped from 3,000 feet to below 1,800 feet as I travel east. The weather is sunny and gets over 90.
Chris Cousin contacted me while on the road. She wants to do something special for the ride, and to honor Chris. Stay tuned. Her efforts caused me to be very emotional, and tears streamed down my cheeks as I rode down the road.
Huge Archway over the I-80E. Will have to read about this one.
Crossing the Mississippi River …..
Into Illinois before dark!! Rode about 740 miles today!! .
Amazing ride today. It's a lot of miles to do in a day, but the goal is to be in Washington DC to meet with Congressman Kurt Schrader
- Recap of my ride around the world. 2011-2013 August 23, 2016
- June 25th Last day of the “longest day” fundraising ride June 29, 2016
- Riding westward Arkansas to NM June 23, 2016
- June 21st. “Radioman goes to Washington” to continue to fight for Alzheimer’s June 22, 2016
- June 20th The Longest Day. Riding for Alzheimer’s !! Reaching Goals!! June 21, 2016
- June 19th Day 5 riding for Alzheimer’s June 20, 2016
- June 18th Day 4 Riding for Alzheimers June 20, 2016
- Day 3 June 17th Riding for Alzheimer’s June 19, 2016