June 21st. The day after "the Longest day" was the day I could get scheduled to see Congressman Schrader. It is not always possible or easy to actually get to to the member, and may times you meet with the staff member assigned to it. Was excited that I was able to schedule a one to one.
Had a little time Tuesday morning to walk around the capitol area. I had a pleasure of staying with DCrider and family !! We had a great evening and next morning catching up and talking!!
Then walking to the capitol. Still in scaffold ….
Cruising into the visitor center
Then heading up to see Congressman Kurt Schrader.
Then I had a very good Meeting with the Congressman!! Thank You !! For listening and dialoging about this disease and importance.
Now…. On my way back. Short on time today, but will update tonight with the rest of the DC time and riding west.
- Recap of my ride around the world. 2011-2013 August 23, 2016
- June 25th Last day of the “longest day” fundraising ride June 29, 2016
- Riding westward Arkansas to NM June 23, 2016
- June 21st. “Radioman goes to Washington” to continue to fight for Alzheimer’s June 22, 2016
- June 20th The Longest Day. Riding for Alzheimer’s !! Reaching Goals!! June 21, 2016
- June 19th Day 5 riding for Alzheimer’s June 20, 2016
- June 18th Day 4 Riding for Alzheimers June 20, 2016
- Day 3 June 17th Riding for Alzheimer’s June 19, 2016