I’m posting this thread to get some support of my fundraising for the Alzheimer’s Association in June. They are the largest private funder of Alzheimer’s research in the world. The event is called the “longest day” in honor of all the caregivers who care tirelessly.Just a brief introduction: I have been on ADV for over 10 years, and have so many amazing people here that I have met, become friends with and have been encourage by in my journey through life. My late wife Chris, had early onset alzheimers disease in her 40’s and passed away at the age of 54 in 2011. It has been devastating. That is why I have been political active, and engaged in the Alzheimer’s cause. I had the honor and privilege to take care of the love of my life through the disease, and posted about this journey here on ADV rider. After her passing, I adventured on my RTW ride, and experienced the generosity and friendship of ADV riders all over the world. You have made my life richer.
I am asking for anyone that wants to help me in this fundraising to donate at link below. I will be riding from My Congressman’s (Kurt Schraders) office in Oregon to his office in Washington DC. I have a meeting set with him on June 21st. 2,800 mile ride in 4-5 days.
Any donation large or small is welcome and appreciated. if I can get 10,000 people to give $5 then that is better than a couple people giving more! Thanks in advance for anyone that can help!!
My lovely wife Chris.
Your donation will support this cause. Thank YOU
- Recap of my ride around the world. 2011-2013 August 23, 2016
- June 25th Last day of the “longest day” fundraising ride June 29, 2016
- Riding westward Arkansas to NM June 23, 2016
- June 21st. “Radioman goes to Washington” to continue to fight for Alzheimer’s June 22, 2016
- June 20th The Longest Day. Riding for Alzheimer’s !! Reaching Goals!! June 21, 2016
- June 19th Day 5 riding for Alzheimer’s June 20, 2016
- June 18th Day 4 Riding for Alzheimers June 20, 2016
- Day 3 June 17th Riding for Alzheimer’s June 19, 2016